Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pens 2, Rangers 3

Sorry about the lack of weekend recaps...I was scratched due to illness. Key points:

1. So we know Comrie can fight...if we can just get him to start scoring goals.
2. Steiggy and Errey were in rare form. The money quote was Steiggy, "Sometimes I see things that aren't even there!" Honestly, I really don't mind them. At least they're entertaining. I had the misfortune of having to watch FSN Detroit the other night when the Avs played the Wings. If I ever have to watch their broadcast again, the mute will be on the whole time.
3. The Pens played very well for most of the game. They HAD this win. Everyone was playing with confidence, the defense was clicking...and then Michalek, as Seth from Empty Netters said, "forgot how to skate".
4. How big was Lundqvist? If he would have gotten a shutout, he would have deserved it. Stupid move breaking his stick and chucking it down the ice though. The Rangers' defense also played very well.
5. I like Chris Connor more and more every game. He's fast, and he's a good pairing with Test Tube and Kennedy. I can't wait to see more of this line once Kennedy is back in the lineup.
6. I don't even get excited about the power play anymore. At least it's more organized than the Avs' penalty kill, which is probably one of the biggest disasters ever known to mankind.
7. This sums it up:


At least something went right:
Avs 6, Blues 3

I didn't have a chance to watch this game, but it looks like John-Michael Liles is still tearing it up. 2 goals and an assist! Something of note from the highlights:



Duchene's first fight!

Well, let's just focus on kicking the Canucks' asses tomorrow night! Go Pens! Go Avs!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Lol, I have no problems believing that Errey sees invisible/fictional things. Give me him and Steiggy and their crack over the dry, generic, statistic heavy announcers of the league any day.

What do suppose the chances are that we could steal Bylsma's glasses, put Conner in a #19 jersey, and convince him Conner is Comrie?