Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stanley Cup Finals, Game 2

Philly 1, Hawks 2

Another entertaining game! Here's the key points (and in case you've ever wondered, I tend to write better in list form).

1. After feeling each other out in game 1, both teams looked a lot more comfortable. The goalies looked a lot less shaky, and the defense made less mistakes.

2. Who couldn't love the collision between Carter and Carcillo? I just loved the little side-step by Kopecky. I'm liking him more and more every game. He isn't afraid to shoot the puck and play a physical game.

3. Philly's power play looked very disorganized. No one seemed to be in sync with each other, and everyone just looked like they were out of position.

4. Joel Quenneville has the angriest eyebrows ever.




5. Everyone is mentioning the shitty quality of the ice. It's frickin June people, and the temperatures in Chicago have been a little above average.

6. As I stated before, I really like Kopecky. He reminds me of T.J. Galiardi, and does a great job of getting under people's skin. He also wears the number 82, just like my favorite player when I was growing up, Marty Straka.

7. Has the Hossa curse been lifted? We'll have to wait and see.

8. It was great to see Niemi back to his old self. Everyone has a bad game every once in a while...it happens.

So there you have it. I would also like to give a shout-out to my new followers! Thanks for reading! See ya tomorrow!

No comments: