Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pens 2, Habs 0

After looking like ass for the first half of the game, the Pens managed to step it up and defeat the Habs. Here are my key points to the game:

1. I was surprised to see Guerin out with an injury. I hope he comes back soon...the power play needs him.

2. Congrats to Flower on the shutout. He once again proved his ability to bounce back from a bad game. Amazing how people still question his talent. On paper his stats don't look spectacular, but he makes key saves in key games. Too bad there isn't a stat for that.

3. How quickly Canada has forgotten about the Olympics. Just as was seen in Ottawa, Habs fans booed Sid every time he touched the puck. I guess a gold medal doesn't mean shit.

4. Letestu played a pretty decent game. Someone remind me why Fedotenko still has a spot on the roster.

5. This game started to get a little snarly, but I think it was mostly out of frustration. I don't really expect it to continue.

6. Maybe the Pens read the stats on Halak's amazing record when facing 40 or more shots and decided to hold back for the first half of the game and pepper him with shots the second half. Just a theory.

7. Welcome back to the playoffs Geno!


Sharks 4, Wings 3

To be quite honest, I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to this series. I don't like either one of these teams (the Sharks because they eliminated the Avs, and the Wings because, well, they're the Wings). I found it amusing that Holmstrom's goal had to be reviewed though. I wonder how many times that's happened in his career.


Other:
Sorry for the lack of Avs news. The Pens will always be my number one focus though. There will be some Avs info eventually, I promise.

LETS GO PENS!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

You know, I think there might be something to #6.

Fedotenko's on the roster because, although he's a huge defensive liablity and often takes horribly timed penalties, his huge point total... Oh wait. This doesn't make any sense to me either!